VISION TTG 2020 by IEG. Hyper Time: the new consumption models according to the new dimensions of time
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- 12:30 - 13:30
- Main Arena - Hall Sud
- Laura Rolle Professor and Expert in consumer trends, innovation and semiotics applied to Branding
The first signs of transformation are starting to emerge in advertising, music and art, but can also be seen in direct contact with customers.
The barriers of time and space are falling: work and holiday times are overlapping and becoming blurred; authenticity as a tradition to be preserved and replicating what was good in the past in the present are rapidly losing appeal. And this is not a passing fad or a temporary blip, but a total transformation in the perception of time.
Tradition must therefore be harvested and transformed, re-edited and broken down for a present that is becoming THE only time possible. The fruit of this transformation will be instant tradition, also made possible by new technologies.
The customer of the imminent future will seek out experiences in which time is personal, relative, but above all extremely dilated, concentrated and multi-dimensional. We have called this “Hyper Time”.
For the tourism industry, there will undoubtedly be new challenges, but also new opportunities to amplify experiences in “other” times and places, to de-seasonalise, to rethink regional identities, hospitality and above all relationships with customers.
IEG Vision – Instructions for use
Trends from IEG Vision presented as is customary for the first time at TTG are divided into the following categories:
- Common, i.e. the trends whose various characteristics we can already see expressed in products and services, also for tourism;
- Middle, i.e. the trends that are only just emerging and that are shaping products seen as “new”;
- Top, i.e. the trends still hidden and that can only be seen from the concentration of weak “signs” that can be identified through the sociosemiotic analysis that sets IEG Vision apart.
Thanks to this special characteristic, IEG Vision enables tourism operators to work on future phenomena and prospects, as it does not simply provide a snapshot of industry data, but allows them to predict customer choices in the next few years, and consequently guides their company strategies.