From Slow Food to Hyper Food. How the search for gastronomic experiences is changing in the Hyper Time society. Trends from IEG Vision in gastronomic and wine tourism
- Thursday, October 10, 2019
- 10:30 - 11:30
- Eatxperience Arena - Pav. C4
- Laura Rolle Professor and Expert in consumer trends, innovation and semiotics applied to Branding
This year, IEG Vision also explores trends in the food sector.
The major theme of Hyper Time, multi-dimensional time, will also have an impact on food, in both new products, and gastronomic and wine experiences.
The tourism sector will have to adapt to future trends in demand, to renew an offer that will no longer be able to focus on the value of authenticity and tradition, as it has done to date.
Transformation, addition, concentration and integration will be the key words of the future. Food and consumer experiences will have to unite past, present and future; the natural and the artificial; territoriality and customisation.
We will discover how in this speech, the fruit of the painstaking sociosemiotic analysis that sets IEG Vision apart.
IEG Vision – Instructions for use
Trends from IEG Vision presented as is customary for the first time at TTG are divided into the following categories:
- Common, i.e. the trends whose various characteristics we can already see expressed in products and services, also for tourism;
- Middle, i.e. the trends that are only just emerging and that are shaping products seen as “new”;
- Top, i.e. the trends still hidden and that can only be seen from the concentration of weak “signs” that can be identified through the sociosemiotic analysis that sets IEG Vision apart.
Thanks to this special characteristic, IEG Vision enables tourism operators to work on future phenomena and prospects, as it does not simply provide a snapshot of industry data, but allows them to predict customer choices in the next few years, and consequently guides their company strategies.
If you have not done so yet, download the IEG Vision presented last year at TTG 2018 here