The relaunch of tourism in the Mediterranean: an opportunity for sustainable development for Destination Italy
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- 10:30 - 11:30
- Global Village Arena - Pav. A3
- Piera Buonincontri Researcher at the Mediterranean Studies Institute of the National Research Council (ISMed - CNR)
- Roberto Micera Senior Researcher at the Institute for Studies on the Mediterranean (ISMED) of the National Research Council of Italy (CNR)
- Luisa Errichiello Researcher at the Institute for Studies on the Mediterranean (ISMed) of the National Research Council (CNR), Italy.
- Silvia Baiocco
- Simone Bozzato Associate Professor of Geography at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
- Michelangelo Lurgi
- M. Debora Sanna
CNR-ISMed (the Mediterranean Studies Institute of the National Research Council) provides a concrete contribution to identifying sustainable solutions to overcoming the crisis in strategic tourism areas, through dialogue between policy makers and the academic, research and corporate worlds. A panel discussion on possible relaunch strategies for the sector in the Mediterranean, with an in-depth look at the pivotal role of Destination Italy.
Created with the objective of identifying and analysing the dynamics of the socio-economic growth and development processes of Mediterranean countries, CNR-ISMed recently included among its lines of research the topic of Tourism Economy and Management. In this regard, in 2020, the book series "Tourism Studies on the Mediterranean Region" published by McGraw Hill was launched, with studies and critical analyses on the segment. The objective is to act as point of reference for researchers, academics, businesspeople and policy makers operating in Mediterranean tourism.
The first volume – “Post Covid-19 tourism: a pathway towards sustainable development in the Mediterranean region” – is dedicated to recovery opportunities post-pandemic, with particular reference to the pathways to be taken to ensure sustainable development.