Metaverse, artificial intelligence and robotics: applications and reflections on tourism 4.0 in Italy and the Mediterranean region. Solutions to guiding travellers towards new forms of the tourist experience
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- 10:25 - 12:00
- Italy Arena - Pav. A5
- Piera Buonincontri Researcher of the Institute of Mediterranean Studies of the National Research Council (ISMed - CNR) Expert in Tourism Marketing
- Giacomo Del Chiappa Associate Professor of Marketing and Management, UNISS
- Luisa Errichiello Senior Researcher at the Institute for Studies on the Mediterranean (ISMed) of the National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Roberto Micera RTD-B Researcher in Economics and Business Management, University of Basilicata
For the second year in a row, the Mediterranean Studies Institute of the National Research Council (CNR-ISMed) has chosen TTG Travel Experience 2022 to present a preview of the results of the works collected in the annual book series dedicated to tourism in the Mediterranean region.
In the book Tourism, Hospitality and Culture 4.0: shifting towards the metaverse – the second of the series – the complex and highly topical subject of 4.0 technologies applied to tourism is addressed in its multiple aspects and from different angles. Through international scientific contributions, the book and the conference at the show aim to provide insights and reflections useful both in defining new product development strategies and orienting consumers towards new and engaging forms of tourism experience.
Based on the contributions in this book, the participation of CNR-ISMed at TTG Travel Experience 2022 is intended to develop a space for dialogue between the world of research, companies and policy makers in which they can engage in important discussions on the benefits, risks and challenges posed by the adoption of 4.0 and metaverse technologies in a strategic sector for the economies of Italy and the Mediterranean region. Created in 2020 and published by McGraw Hill, the Tourism Studies on the Mediterranean Region series provides critical studies and analyses on the tourism sector, with the aim of becoming a reference point for researchers, academics, entrepreneurs, managers and policy makers operating in Mediterranean tourism.